Tuesday, March 17, 2009

1 Corinthians 2

"I did this so you might trust the power of God rather than human wisdom." 5

God's wisdom seems to be a knowing underneath intellect. It pervades and penetrates both mind, and will, and emotion- unites them in enlightened direction, so we may do and be in thoroughly integrated motion. To know Him and to be known by Him is to be honestly naked and face fully forward, completely empty of pretense yet full in every sense; undone, unraveled, and yet complete.

O Wisdom and her holy Father- Abba God, ever unmake my humanly engineered enterprises that rise on the landscape of your creative genious like tiny toy cities at the dusty edge of the Grand Canyon. More sinister, these, because they claim to be the holy work, claim the awe that's due only You. Kick them over gently, Father. I invest my silly hart so deeply sometimes- you know. When wrenched away I look up- your beauty arrests, stuns and quiets my foolish soul.

You alone are God. I am not, yet You are mine- as generous as the canyon is deep. All is mine as well, and all is truly well- all is in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment